Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 119: Donate a car

I knew that Bridge House in New Orleans had wonderful commericals, but I wasn't sure what services it rendered. According to its Web site, "For fifty years Bridge House has served as a substance-abuse treatment center of last resort. Every day we accept and treat those to whom most other institutions deny admission: the homeless and indigent drug and alcohol abusers of our community. The only requirement for admission is a sincere desire to change, and we accept individuals without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation or ability to pay."

The other thing I knew about the organization is that it accepts car donations. I've always wanted to keep a car long enough to donate it (my first car was totaled, my second was gumbo-ed out {another story} and my third was flooded out). Oh, they also accept boats, too. For information on how to donate your car, click here.